Visual Studio Spell Checker
Works with Visual Studio 2017, 2019
This project is a Visual Studio editor extension that checks the spelling of comments, strings, and plain text as you type or interactively with a tool window. It is based largely on the spell checker extension originally created by Noah Richards, Roman Golovin, and Michael Lehenbauer. This version has been extended as follows:
- It uses NHunSpell to perform the spell checking. As such, custom dictionaries can be added to spell check in different languages. Dictionaries for OpenOffice versions 2, 3, and 4 are supported.
- Added the ability to spell check the inner text of XML elements as well as certain attribute values.
- Added support for replacing all occurrences of a misspelling via the smart tag context menu (hold down the Ctrl key when selecting a replacement word).
- Added an Ignore Once option to the smart tag context menu to ignore a specific instance of a misspelled word.
- Fixed up various issues to skip text that should not be spell checked and to break up text into words correctly when escape sequences are present in the text.
- Added an interactive spell checking tool window to find and fix spelling errors in the current file.