This is the list of Visual Studio Extensions which I have found most useful. Please take a look. These extensions might be helpful for you as well.
Month: April 2019
Helpful Visual Studio Extensions 6
Visual Studio IntelliCode – Preview
Works with Visual Studio 2017, 2019
Visual Studio IntelliCode (IntelliCode) is a set of AI-assisted capabilities that improve developer productivity with features like contextual IntelliSense, code formatting and style rule inference.
The IntelliCode extension augments existing developer workflows with machine-learning services that provide an understanding of code and its context. The extension is a Technology Preview released under Microsoft DevLabs. It’s applicable for C#, C++ and XAML code today, and will be updated in the future to support more languages. The extension gives you an early taste of what’s to come with IntelliCode and allows you to provide feedback to the Visual Studio product team to help shape its future.
More Details: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VisualStudioExptTeam.VSIntelliCode
Helpful Visual Studio Extensions 5
Works with Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019
Speed up SQL Server database development by finding SQL objects fast in Visual Studio.
Redgate SQL Search is a free extension for Visual Studio to quickly search for fragments of SQL across databases, and easily navigate to those objects. This saves time and makes teams more productive, so you can get back to the task in hand.
- Find fragments of SQL in tables, views, stored procedures, functions, views, jobs, and more
- Quickly navigate to objects wherever they happen to be on a server
- Search across multiple object types and multiple databases
- Find all references to an object
- Search with booleans and wildcards
- Work in either Visual Studio or SQL Server Management Studio
More Details: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=vs-publisher-306627.RedgateSQLSearch
Helpful Visual Studio Extensions 4
SQL Prompt Core
Works with Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise
With SQL Prompt Core you can:
- Save keystrokes with code completion for T-SQL commands and keywords as you type
- Easily complete JOIN statements with suggestions for JOIN conditions based on foreign key relationships or column similarities
- Speed up SQL coding with autocompletion for INSERT and EXEC statements
- Autocomplete based on mid-string matching and CamelCase suggestions, so you don’t have to remember every object name
- Avoid bad practice – expand wildcards to show the full column list so you only retrieve the data you need
More Details: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=vs-publisher-306627.RedgateSQLPromptCore
Helpful Visual Studio Extensions 3
Angular Productivity Tools
Works with Visual Studio 2017
Navigation between view and viewmodel
Switch faster between view and controller/directive code directly from editor just by clicking `Go To View` or `Go To Code` in context menu.
Intellisense for templateUrl
Intellisense for controller
More Details: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=SlawomirRosiek.AngularProductivityTools
Helpful Visual Studio Extensions 2
Visual Studio Spell Checker
Works with Visual Studio 2017, 2019
This project is a Visual Studio editor extension that checks the spelling of comments, strings, and plain text as you type or interactively with a tool window. It is based largely on the spell checker extension originally created by Noah Richards, Roman Golovin, and Michael Lehenbauer. This version has been extended as follows:
- It uses NHunSpell to perform the spell checking. As such, custom dictionaries can be added to spell check in different languages. Dictionaries for OpenOffice versions 2, 3, and 4 are supported.
- Added the ability to spell check the inner text of XML elements as well as certain attribute values.
- Added support for replacing all occurrences of a misspelling via the smart tag context menu (hold down the Ctrl key when selecting a replacement word).
- Added an Ignore Once option to the smart tag context menu to ignore a specific instance of a misspelled word.
- Fixed up various issues to skip text that should not be spell checked and to break up text into words correctly when escape sequences are present in the text.
- Added an interactive spell checking tool window to find and fix spelling errors in the current file.
More Details: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=EWoodruff.VisualStudioSpellCheckerVS2017andLater
Helpful Visual Studio Extensions 1
Project File Tools
Works with: Visual Studio 2017, 2019
Provides Intellisense and other tooling for XML based project files such as .csproj and .vbproj files.
- Intellisense for NuGet package name and version
- Hover tooltips for NuGet packages
- Go To Definition (F12) for MSBuild imports
- Go To Definition (F12) for MSBuild properties
Full Intellisense for NuGet package references is provided for both packages that are locally cached as well as packages defined in any feed – local and online.